Holes in my Socks

Holes in my socks, and it's ok

There are holes in my socks, and it's ok

I was wondering about putting holes in socks on purpose, and this is what developed.  It’s an easy pattern; there are double yarn-overs, which you work with one knit and one purl stitch in the next row, and the rest is pretty much just plain knitting.

I used Jojoland Melody Superwash Fingering yarn in colour MS12 (a really lovely dark blue and burgundy shading), two balls of 220 yards (200 m) each to make socks with 10″/25 cm long feet and 10″/25 cm legs from top of the cuff to the bottom of the heel, and had a fair bit left over.

If you find a mistake or something that isn’t clear, please leave me a comment so I can correct it.  Even if you don’t find a mistake, please leave me a comment (we bloggers thrive on comments, doncha know)!

Here you go: Holes in my Socks!

m4s0n501
FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestShare

5 Comments

1. Jan Ziglin
    Posted March 29, 2009 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Thank you for this great pattern. I think it will be a great summer sock in a light color yarn. Thanks for sharing. I also have the Maidenhair Fern pattern in my list todo.

2. Posted March 29, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of my childhood. They look like the ones I was allowed to put on on a Sunday! Only mine would be white… fun for playing outdoor!

3. Posted May 15, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

What a fun pattern, thanks for sharing it. I have a much more colorful yarn – wonder how it will look? Bah – who cares!!

4. Lunamoth
    Posted May 15, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

I wonder how it would look in more colourful yarn, too! Send along a pic, if you can. :)

5. Posted October 1, 2009 at 10:01 am | Permalink

These are really cute. I think I’ll knit them for my mom in Florida to keep her feet warm during those harsh Florida “winters”. :)

2 Trackbacks

1. By Klager gubben? at Tittei på pinner on June 8, 2009 at 4:36 pm

[…] fantastiske navnet Holes in my socks, sier vel det meste. Heldigvis er hullene i dette tilfellet ikke under […]

2. By jiggedy jig on March 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm